Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Here we go

In an attempt to say what I really (really really really) think, I'm creating a more private blog. Maybe here I can say what's on my mind when it will offend everyone who knows, or thinks they know - ME.

So, I'm a girl. A woman, I suppose, although that sounds bizarre to me. I'm in my late twenties. I live in the South Eastern United States. Technically that means I should own at least one slave and one Elvis lamp, but you would be wrong to ASSume either. What it really means is that I come from a hard working family, my mother was a sharecropper's daughter, one of nine kids, which means grandaddy bore his own slaves. My daddy was one of 3 children, his father (who DID know Elvis! Now we're getting somewhere!) an airline mechanic, his mother....a mother.

I'm the youngest of two girls. I did grow up surrounded by chickens and we even had a horse. I had a good upbringing, my parents didn't drink, fight, cuss or do drugs, although there was a fair share of disfunction as with all real families, but we made it through those times.
I went to a private school up to junior high when I homeschooled until I discovered it was much more fun to smoke pot and hang out with my friends, at which point I dropped out. No worries! I got my GED eventually.

I married my best friend (or my best friend's boyfriend, but whatever) after getting pregnant at 18. No shotgun, but the judge who officiated WAS incredibly drunk if that counts. We didn't become statistics, we have been married almost 10 years and have a 9 yr old and a 5 yr old. Boy first, girl second, how generic and fun.

Life is good and full of ups and downs. Getting married so young and having a family right away has always caused us to work twice as hard and be one step behind those who did it in the correct order, but we love each other and my marriage is possibly the only thing about life I don't question.

On this blog I will bitch and complain, because that's my humor, and I'm also a bit of a smartass, so remember that if you'll be along for the ride.

I'm surrounded by bizarre friends and family, who all give disfunction a new name, and I can't wait to vent about those episodes here with you. I hope you enjoy as much as I will, getting everything off my chest.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

I'm glad to be along for the ride! :-)